Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
What we are looking for
An energetic and influential individual with existing connections and good standing relationships with community leaders and councils who represent and support the townships of Cape Town. You need to have the ability to grow and maintain these relationships, implement relevant community based projects initiated by the Company and effectively represent the Company’s brand.
About the role
This role reports directly to the CEO and will be responsible for driving all community engagement efforts for the Company.
What you will be doing
- Coordinate and support the Company’s Community Engagement efforts.
- Identify, develop and maintain strong community council and forum relationships.
- Drive collaboration between the Company’s departments and various stakeholders required for relevant community projects.
- Organise and launch events and activities that promote the Company’s involvement in the communities, including volunteer initiatives, charitable giving, and sponsorships.
- Track the impact of the Company’s Community Engagement efforts and make recommendations for future initiatives.
- Manage and maintain all community engagement administration, including scheduling of meetings, reporting, minute taking and preparing presentations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of Company and Community information.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Post matric qualification in a relevant field of study will be an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills or abilities.
- Excellent listener and observer.
- Excels at building relationships and networks.
- Good computer skills to be able to attend to administrative tasks.
- Own reliable transport.
- The ability to work both independently, or as part of a team.
- Strong ability to adequately represent the Company’s brand in a professional manner when engaging with Community Councils.