Cape Town, Western Cape
What we are looking for
An experienced team leader to manage a team in our Customer Contact Centre department who can effectively supervise, manage and motivate team members on a daily basis. Must have a strong ability to lead by setting a positive example and continuously engage the team to achieve the Company’s goals and customer service standards.
About the role
The general responsibilities of this role includes the management of a team consisting of Customer Service Agents, Technical Service Agents, Inside Sales Agents and Social Response Agents to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service, and effective ticket and call management aligned with the Company’s service standards and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
What you will be doing
- Lead and manage a team of agents to ensure high performance, productivity and motivation.
- Implement contact centre targets and KPIs, and monitor performance daily while keeping the team engaged.
- Build strong relationships with customers and ensure effective communication is consistently applied to understand their needs and to resolve their queries within acceptable timeframes.
- Identify and escalate operational issues, implement solutions and monitor improvements.
- Take calls that agents are unable to handle and be available when agents require assistance, guidance or coaching.
- Monitor the call and ticket queues, track all inbound calls and ensure agents are aware of the inbound call volumes and service standards (service level agreement).
- Monitor sample of calls in line with QA targets and listen in to ensure procedures and quality standards are adhered to.
- Motivate and encourage agents through positive, clear communication and feedback.
- Have weekly 1:1 sessions with each agent and escalate any performance issues to the Senior Manager for further action.
- Provide input into training and development plans for the team and work closely with the QA and Training Manager.
- Understand all the Company’s products, services, processes, policies and standards.
- Assist Management with ad-hoc tasks such as implementation of relevant projects, processes or changes.
- Comply with the company’s standards, policies and procedures.
Customer Service, Contact Centre Management, Team Management, or similar qualifications will be an advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven 2+ years experience as a contact centre Supervisor, Team Leader, or similar with previous contact centre agent experience.
- Have knowledge of and experience in multi-channel environments (voice, email, chat, etc.).
- Computer literacy.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong influence and motivational abilities.