Location: Paarden Eiland, Cape Town
Role type: Junior
What we are looking for
An experienced and reliable contact centre agent with great people and communication skills who has the ability to work well in a high-pressure environment and provide excellent service to all the customers we serve.
What you will be doing
- Understanding the company’s products and services, and remaining up to date with any new developments or changes.
- Communicate with current and potential customers via telephone, Chatwood, Turn.io, Vertex (Company’s internal systems) or any other Customer Management systems.
- Answer and make outbound phone calls within the required or expected time targets.
- Pay attention and listen to questions and concerns from customers, and respond quickly and clearly with solutions or feedback according to company guidelines.
- Attend quickly to tickets that have been logged on the systems.
- Resolve customer complaints and queries, minimise the number of escalations, identify and understand customers’ needs, verify information, research issues when required, and provide solutions.
- Accurate customer information capturing on the company’s systems.
- Inform customers about our products and services based on their requests and needs.
- Build and maintain excellent service based relationships with customers.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as requested by management.
- Consistently achieve or exceed the targets (KPIs) set by contact centre management.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Matric (Grade 12).
- A college or university degree in business, sales, customer service or related field of study is an advantage.
- 1+ years’ experience in a contact centre environment or any prior experience working in call centres or as an at-home customer service agent.
- Fluent in at least two official languages.
- Flexible and able to work shift hours, this will include evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
- Good general computer skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite and ability to learn new software quickly.
- An ability to effectively work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask effectively.
- Strong customer service and sales skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Knowledge of internet services and relevant technologies is an advantage.
- Ability to remain calm and composed in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Familiarity with Automatic Call Distribution Phone System (ACD), caller ID, and auto-dialling systems.