Human Resources Leader
By “leader” we mean an experienced executor; this person will lead by example *not* direction.
We are looking for an experienced human resources manager that is an expert in recruiting and/or training, with exposure to the other critical functions of human resources.
This is a role for a person to that executes with professionalism, and leads by example; this is not a role for an experienced leader that would like to delegate to others - this person will arrive ready to roll out excellent programs.
The successful candidate will have considerable subject matter expertise in either Recruiting and Training, with professional exposure to all of these things:
- Training + Development
- Employee Wellness and Safety
- Disciplinary + Performance Management Issues
- Compensation + Benefits
- Labor Law - Compliance + Reporting
Do you love great teams? Do you love working with motivated people? Do you hold yourself accountable for your mistakes and learn from them? If you also love the internet and are looking for a personal and financially rewarding challenge… then we want to talk to you.
Who we are
TooMuchWifi delivers affordable premium internet to Township communities in South Africa. Our mission is to do this quickly, profitably and sustainably.
We’re not a traditional “low-cost internet provider” - this isn’t about internet handouts, limited bandwidth, bad user experiences or walled gardens. We bring our customers the internet, delivered fast: just the way you’d want it delivered to you, with world class customer service and a deep sense of accountability.
TooMuchWifi was founded by people passionate about technology and social justice with a global track record of delivering services and technologies to new markets. Our team has a shared mission for bridging the digital divide across the world.
Who we are looking for
An energetic experienced human resources professional that wants to help us build an excellent team with a focus on developing an excellent training program that successfully ignites passion and professionalism in energetic young people joining the workforce for the first time.
Experience + Qualifications
Required qualifications include the following
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple direct reports.
- 8+ accumulated years experience working in HR, recruiting, training, compliance and/or benefits.
- Experience creating reports and presentations from candidate and performance management systems.
- Ability to develop business reports that help team leaders manage their teams and ensure staff is meeting KPIs to meet the organizational needs
- Experience working in a horizontal or matrix organization.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with in a multi-functional human resource department or agency
Passion for working with people and creating an excellent work environment through communication, engagement and community impact.
- Accountability towards Recruitment & Selection, Employee Engagement & Benefits, and manage disciplinary inquiries.
- Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to drive improvement in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company while displaying strong internal and external customer service focus.
- Display a hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Create and drive effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs.
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
Market related, determined based on HR experience
To express interest and learn more, please answer a few questions for us here: http://bit.ly/TMWFCandidateAssessment and send your CV to [email protected]